Expat Chat Ep 44 – How Do Rising Interest Rates Affect Assets
Welcome to our forty fourth episode of #Expatchat where we discuss the latest tax and financial issues affecting an #Australianexpat.
In today’s Expat Chat we discuss how this weeks announcement of the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) lifting the official cash rate from 0.10% to 0.35% will affect an Australian expats assets.
As we discussed in Episode 40 a interest rate rise this month by the RBA was on the cards with the release of inflation data that was a lot higher than both the Federal Government and markets expected.
Discussion Points on Todays Podcast Episode
In this episode we run through the following topics:
- How does much did the RBA raise interest rates by?
- What affect will this have on the foreign exchange markets particularly the Australian dollar?
- What affect will this have on property markets particularly the Australian property market?
- What affect will this have on the equity markets?
Links that we discussed in this episode include:
- Australian Housing and Lending Landscape Webinar for Australian Expats – https://atlaswealth.com/news/australian-housing-and-lending-landscape-webinar-for-australian-expats/
- Expat Chat Ep 40 – How Do Rising Interest Rates Affect Australian Expats – https://atlaswealth.com/expat-chat-podcast/expat-chat-ep-40-how-do-rising-interest-rates-affect-australian-expats/
Make Sure You Don’t Miss An Episode of the Expat Chat Podcast
To ensure you don’t miss any future episodes make sure you subscribe to our podcast on your favourite channels below.
As we’d like to educate as many Australian expats as possible we’d also sincerely appreciate it if you could share this page using the buttons at the bottom of this article.