Expat Chat Ep 53 – Where To Next For The Australian Dollar
Welcome to the fifty third episode of #Expatchat where we discuss the latest tax and financial issues affecting an #Australianexpat.
In today’s Expat Chat we talk about where to next for the Australian dollar.
With the recent weakness of the Australian dollar against the US Dollar many Australian expats (especially those who earn their salary in either USD or a currency pegged to the US Dollar) are wondering does it have further to fall and/or should they be transferring funds to USD.
The recent risk off strategy with investors has meant that the USD Index is currently trading at a 20 year high but what does that mean for other currencies like the Pound, Euro, Yen and many other currencies?
Discussion Points on Todays Podcast Episode
In this episode we run through the following topics:
- What’s causing the weakness in the Australian dollar?
- How is the US Dollar performing against other currencies?
- What does a risk off approach mean?
- How does a recession affect the currencies?
- How do interest rates work with the currencies?
- Is there more volatility to come with the Australian Dollar?
Links that we discussed in this episode include:
- Ask Atlas – Have your questions answered on the podcast by clicking this link – https://atlaswealth.com/news-media/australian-expat-podcasts/questions-or-feedback-for-the-expat-podcast/
Make Sure You Don’t Miss An Episode of the Expat Chat Podcast
To ensure you don’t miss any future episodes make sure you subscribe to our podcast on your favourite channels below.
As we’d like to educate as many Australian expats as possible we’d also sincerely appreciate it if you could share this page using the buttons at the bottom of this article.