Expat Chat Episode 59 – Considersations For Australians Retiring Overseas
Welcome to the fifty ninth episode of #Expatchat where we discuss the latest tax and financial issues affecting an #Australianexpat.
We all work very hard in our careers in order to enjoy a comfortable retirement and a lot of people are chosing to spend some or all of that time overseas.
However retiring to a foreign country is not like picking a different city or state in Australia.
There are a mutliide of considerations like how are you going to legally reside in that country (e.g. what type of visa), what country should you consider from a tax residency point of view and what changes do I need to be aware of with my Australians assets when I jump on the plane.
Discussion Points on Todays Podcast Episode
In this episode we run through the following topics:
- What are the Visa and residency considerations?
- What do I need to know about how a move overseas will affect my Australian property including my Princple Place of Residence (PPR)?
- What should I be aware of when managing my superannuation fund and living overseas?
- Are there any strategies I need to consider before jumping on the plane?
Links that we discussed in this episode include:
- Ask Atlas – Have your questions answered on the podcast by clicking this link – https://atlaswealth.com/news-media/australian-expat-podcasts/questions-or-feedback-for-the-expat-podcast/
- Expat Mortgage Podcast – https://atlaswealth.com/news-media/australian-expat-podcasts/expat-mortgage-podcast/
Make Sure You Don’t Miss An Episode of the Expat Chat Podcast
To ensure you don’t miss any future episodes make sure you subscribe to our podcast on your favourite channels below.
As we’d like to educate as many Australian expats as possible we’d also sincerely appreciate it if you could share this page using the buttons at the bottom of this article.