Expat Chat Episode 64 – Listener Q&A – #AskAtlas
Welcome to the sixty fourth episode of #Expatchat where we discuss the latest tax and financial issues affecting an #Australianexpat.
In today’s Expat Chat we answer a number of questions that listeners have sent in over the past couple of weeks.
If you have a question you would like to ask us please send them in by clicking on the link below.
This is also a reminder for those Australian expats in the UAE to reserve your seat for our upcoming seminars in Dubai and Abu Dhabi next week.
Seats are filling fast so don’t miss out.
Details can be found in the links below:
- Dubai – https://www.abcduae.com/index.php/abcd-new-event-details/events/0927_AWM.html
- Abu Dhabi – https://ausbg.glueup.com/event/australian-expat-briefing-63627/
Making the decision to leave Australia for new opportunities abroad is made for various reasons and at various times in our lives.
Usually, the plan is to spend a few years abroad and come home in a better place financially than when we left, but this is not always the case, and is often a hotly debated topic in the chat rooms in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
Whether you have lived abroad for decades, are fresh off the plane, or somewhere in between, this is the session you don’t want to miss.
Covering everything from Australian tax, super, FX, mortgages, retirement, repatriation, deemed disposal, and plans around the proposed residency changes, there is something for everyone!
Discussion Points on Todays Podcast Episode
In this episode we run through the following topics:
Maintaining tax residency with Australia when living overseas
Australian expats buying ETF’s
Dubai property market
Links that we discussed in this episode include:
- Sign the petition – https://www.aph.gov.au/e-petitions/petition/EN4259
- Facebook Group – Don’t forget to join our Australian Expat Financial Forum Facebook Group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/Australianexpatfinancialforum
- Ask Atlas – Have your questions answered on the podcast by clicking this link – https://atlaswealth.com/news-media/australian-expat-podcasts/questions-or-feedback-for-the-expat-podcast/
- Expat Mortgage Podcast – https://atlaswealth.com/news-media/australian-expat-podcasts/expat-mortgage-podcast/
Make Sure You Don’t Miss An Episode of the Expat Chat Podcast
To ensure you don’t miss any future episodes make sure you subscribe to our podcast on your favourite channels below.
As we’d like to educate as many Australian expats as possible we’d also sincerely appreciate it if you could share this page using the buttons at the bottom of this article.